The Adept Direct Returns Policy applies to all purchases made in our store and online at www.adeptdirect.com.au.
If you wish to return any goods under this Returns Policy, you must first contact our Customer Service Centre either by email at [email protected] or by telephone on (02) 5924 1213 to obtain a return authorisation. No goods will be accepted for return under this Returns Policy without a Returns Authorisation.
The Adept Direct Returns Policy does not exclude or replace your rights given under the Australian Consumer Laws.
Change of Mind Returns
If you have simply changed your mind about your order and are able to provide a valid receipt, Adept Direct may at its absolute discretion offer you:
- An Exchange
- A Gift Card to the value of the goods returned
- A Refund
The above options are only available provided that the goods:
- Are in a saleable condition (i.e. it can still be sold as a new item);
- Are unused, still in the original packaging, with all tags attached;
- The original packaging is not damaged in anyway;
- The exchange or refund is sought within 14 days of purchase;
- The goods are not subject to any of the Change of Mind Exclusions listed below;
- If the goods included a bonus item or gift item with the purchase, the bonus or gift item must also be returned in a saleable condition, otherwise the value of any available exchange or refund will be reduced by the value of the gift or bonus.
If you are unable to provide a valid receipt and/or 14 days has passed since the original purchase date, Adept Direct at its absolute discretion reserves the right not to offer an exchange or refund for change of mind return.
A valid receipt is a Tax Invoice issued by Adept Direct for the goods being returned.
Change of Mind Exclusions
Please choose carefully when purchasing the following goods as change of mind returns will not be provided for:
- Goods cut to length;
- Goods altered in any way from their original specification;
- Goods specially ordered in to customer specifications (Special Orders).
Change of Mind Refunds
If Adept Direct elects to refund your return, refunds will be given using your original payment method, except in the following circumstances:
- Where a credit or debit card was used to make the purchase, the cardholder and the actual card used to make the purchase must be present in order to receive a refund (in accordance card scheme rules). Otherwise the refund will be provided in the form of an Adept Direct Gift Card.
- Where a personal cheque was used to make the purchase, a refund will not be available until after the proceeds of the cheque have cleared to our bank account, which is usually 3 business days after the cheque is banked by Adept Direct.
- Where an Adept Direct Gift Card is used to make a purchase, an Adept Direct Gift Card will be issued to provide a refund.
- Where cash was used to make a purchase, and a cash refund exceeds the available cash on hand, the refund will be offered by the following methods:
- Adept Direct Gift Card
- Bank Direct Deposit
Change of Mind Delivery Charges
If you have simply changed your mind about your order and Adept Direct agrees to offer you an exchange or refund, Adept Direct will not refund to you, or include in the value of the exchange, any delivery charges involved in the delivery of the goods to you.
Change of mind orders are to be returned to Adept Direct at the customer’s expense, and if they are to be exchanged, may incur additional delivery charges if the new order is not picked up in store.
If you believe an item purchased from Adept Direct is faulty, please contact our Customer Service Centre either by email at [email protected] or by telephone on (02) 5924 1213 so we can make it right as quickly as possible. Adept Direct adheres to all Australian Consumer Laws and Manufacturer’s Warranties.
Please be aware that in order to assess your claim for faulty goods, the goods may need to be returned to Adept Direct. When we receive your goods, we will assess whether or not it is faulty. In order to do this, we may be required to send the goods back to the manufacturer or their repair agent to determine the fault and have it corrected.
Where the goods are found to be faulty, Adept Direct will at its discretion either repair, replace, or refund the full value of the faulty goods as quickly as possible.
Where it is found that the goods are not faulty, or it has been damaged through misuse or abnormal use, Adept Direct cannot provide a refund, exchange, or repair. At Adept Direct’s discretion, we may also require that you compensate us for any fees incurred in relation to assessing the product.